The seigniorial house (fortified house), now the Piérard farm
Under the Ancien Régime, Tohogne was attached to the important seigneury of Durbuy. It is therefore not surprising to find an old seigneurial house (fortified house) built probably in the 15th century. Warnier II Briffoz, known as d’Ouffet (1380-1466), husband of Maroye de Moges (1395- ?), was the first Briffoz to be Lord of Tohogne. This majestic building then passed to the de Presseux family, which held the landed seigneury of Tohogne and whose members were aldermen of Durbuy. In 1719, the property was bought by the de Nonancourt family, provosts of Durbuy, whose coat of arms dated 1722 can still be seen above the carriage entrance on the east side. It was they who transformed the property into a farm. At the end of the courtyard, there is the dwelling; perpendicularly, on the right, the barn and a wing of stables. The left wing was transformed into a small independent farm in the early 19th century. The whole was built of limestone rubble.